Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker).
You can cook Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
- It’s of Pork Sirloin Roast.
- You need of mixed Baby Bell Peppers.
- You need of large Poblano Pepper.
- You need of Jalapeno Pepper.
- It’s of small Sweet Onions.
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of Liquid Smoke.
- It’s of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- You need of Bacon Fat.
- It’s of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) step by step
- First dice and chop up all your onions and peppers then add them and garlic to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, 2tbsp bacon fat and can Tomato Sauce to veggies and stir til evenly coated.
- Add seasonings to a bowl and mix.
- Rub the pork roasts with seasonings then place on top of mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 8hrs.
- Slowly lift roasts out of pot and place in large mixing bowl. Leave veggies and sauce in pot and add apple cider vinegar..
- Shred pork with two forks and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- This next step is optional but adds the textural components lost from using the slow cooker. In large saute pan (I use my Wok) add a few tablespoons of bacon fat and turn heat on high and grease pan. You want it screaming hot. Then toss in 1/3 of the pulled pork and let it crisp up and stir a few times and then remove and add to separate mixing bowl to cool and repeat the process two more times.
- Portion out pork into portion containers then scoop out sauce from slow cooker over top of pork.