Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker.
You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- It’s of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- Prepare of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- It’s of cream cheese.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of heavy cream.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- You need of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..