Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes). These easy canned salmon patties (aka cakes) are the perfect weeknight dinner. They come together quickly, are great for meal prep, and are even low-carb, keto and But, here's the good news, with a few thoughtful ingredient additions you can make delicious, healthy and low-carb salmon patties! Whatever you call them, they're sure to be a win with your entire family, especially when served with a cool, creamy lemon sauce.
Salmon croquettes are basically a southern version of a salmon cake or salmon patty. What Makes The Best Salmon Croquette Recipe? Nothing makes salmon better than enhancing the flavors of the simple ingredients. You can have Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes)
- You need 15 Ounce of Can Salmon (well drained).
- It’s 1 of Small Onion (fine diced).
- You need 2 of Celery Stalks (fine diced).
- It’s 1 of 2 Green Bell Pepper (fine diced).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1 of Egg Slightly Beatened.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Worcester Sauce.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Seafood Seasoning (old bay).
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Sleeve Crushed Butter Crackers.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
Salmon patties, or salmon cakes, are wonderfully easy to make. You make salmon patties with just a base of canned salmon, shredded bread (or breadcrumbs or even saltines), chopped onion, and egg to bind it all into patties, and then these salmon cakes are quickly fried. We can't get enough of these flavorful patties! They're the perfect way to upgrade a simple can of salmon.
Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) instructions
- Drain salmon well. Pick through and discard any unwanted bones..
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery until soft. I use some butter and olive oil to do this..
- Fold in the rest of ingredients, saving the cracker crumbs and vegetable oil for last. Shape into patty's and coat the outside with the butter cracker crumbs. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up If using dried parsley, 1 teaspoon is plenty..
- Shallow fry in vegetable oil 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown. Enjoy. Note: These are best eaten hot and and fresh..
Read on for more helpful tips to make your How long will these patties last? Salmon Patties – quick to prepare, golden and crispy on the outside, moist and savoury on the inside with lovely big flakes of salmon! A very easy salmon cakes recipe that can be made with either canned salmon OR fresh salmon. Salmon Cakes – Crispy Salmon Patties This Easy Salmon Patty recipe is definitely a keeper.