Easy Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Maple Glazed Salmon.
You can have Easy Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Maple Glazed Salmon using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Maple Glazed Salmon
- It’s 1 of roughly 1.75 pound salmon fillet.
- Prepare of salt & pepper to season.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of oil for searing salmon.
- It’s 1 of large clove garlic, minced (just under a Tablespoon).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of shallots, thinly sliced.
- It’s 5-7 of stems cilantro, chopped (stems and leaves).
- It’s 1/2 of a jalapeno, thinly sliced (or if you like hotter chilies, you can certainly use another kind).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil for the glaze.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of maple syrup.
- It’s of the zest of half a lime.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili garlic paste (I use Huy Fong.).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of lime juice.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of fish sauce.
Easy Sweet & Spicy Thai-Inspired Maple Glazed Salmon instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare an oven safe dish or baking sheet to bake the salmon in. I like to line the dish with foil for easy removal and cleanup..
- Season the salmon on the flesh side with salt and pepper..
- In a medium bowl, combine all glaze ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly..
- In a non-stick pan, bring the 1 Tablespoon oil up to medium high temp and sear the salmon fillet for 2 minutes per side. I sear because because I like a crust on my fish, but if you don't care for it or don't have time, just rub the flesh side with a little bit of oil and go to the next step..
- Transfer the salmon to your oven-safe dish, skin-side down, and pour the glaze evenly on top..
- Bake the salmon on the center rack for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how done you like your fish (the full 10 minutes if you didn't sear), then turn the oven to broil and place the salmon about 5 inches under the broiler and broil for another 4 or 5 minutes to caramelize the glaze. You can serve the whole fillet family style, or portion it out with a knife or spatula, pulling the flesh away from the skin..