Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup.
You can have Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- You need of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- It’s of small white onion (chopped).
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- It’s of garlic (minced).
- You need of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of For the rue:.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of sour cream.
- You need of heavy cream.
- You need of cheddar cheese (grated).
- You need of Optional toppings:.
- Prepare of Diced bacon.
- It’s of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup step by step
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..