Yummy Salmon cakes. These salmon cakes are crisp on the outside with tasty bites of flaked salmon – YUMM!! It's mostly salmon which makes every bite such a treat! These salmon cakes always disappear fast and are.
They're flavorful, crispy on the outside, and perfectly moist thanks to the sweet potato. Plus, these yummy little salmon cakes are also made with hidden veggies to help pack in even I store these salmon cakes in the fridge in glass Tupperware. If you enjoy seafood, salmon cakes can be a tasty new way to enjoy a fish dinner. You can have Yummy Salmon cakes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yummy Salmon cakes
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped bell or sweet peppers.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced onion, or 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of refrigerated organic minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1-6 oz of can of salmon (I used Royal Pink from Trident foods).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Drizzle of olive oil to coat pan.
Combined with herbs and spices, the salmon gets a crunchy, crisp coating from frying or baking it in small. Salmon cakes are one of my go-to, emergency meals. Like other seafood "cakes," we want to use the minimum amount of filler. Just a touch of breadcrumb is all you need here, as the raw salmon is.
Yummy Salmon cakes instructions
- Add peppers, onion and garlic to a sautee pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Place in a bowl and let cool for a couple minutes while you gather then rest of the ingredients and oil the pan. (Keep the pan on medium heat).
- Add the salmon to the pepper mixture, using a fork to break up large chunks..
- Add the egg, then the spices, stir well – then add the bread crumbs. The texture should be wet, but stable enough to form a cake/burger that doesn't fall apart. Make them as big or small as you like, shapes are fun for kids!! *Add bread crumbs to thicken, water to moisten..
- Cook cakes for about 5 minutes each side, then enjoy however you wish!!.
- I just made the same recipe without the bell peppers and 1st step. I added some shredded carrot and grated parmesan cheese to the cake mixture and the cakes turned out wonderful!!!!!.
Classic Salmon Cakes are so tasty, they don't even need a sauce. Southern Salmon Croquettes are a soul food classic! These easy salmon cakes are taken up a · Easily add flavor to Melissa d'Arabian's budget-friendly Salmon Cakes recipe from Ten Dollar Dinners. Salmon cakes are tasty and filling. As long as you have canned salmon and eggs, you can whip them up anytime!