Chicken Fajitas – Slow Cooker. Easy Chicken Fajitas made in the slow cooker! Still all the delicious flavors of traditional fajitas without all the extra hassle! Just dump everything into the crockpot and let it simmer to tender well seasoned perfection.
Assemble Fajitas to your liking – we recommend topping with cheese. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl. These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas couldn't be any easier to make or more delicious to eat! You can cook Chicken Fajitas – Slow Cooker using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas – Slow Cooker
- You need of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need of salsa of choice.
- It’s of onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s of bell peppers, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- You need of each chili powder, cumin, brown sugar.
- Prepare of each smoked paprika, salt.
- You need of each pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Prepare of Juice from 1 lime.
The best part about this chicken fajita recipe is that it makes several servings, which means you can feed your whole family or you can freeze your leftovers and have ready-to-go diet meals all week. This Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Recipe is as easy as adding all your ingredients to your slow cooker while you take a nap and let the citrus tenderize your chicken and the spices permeate every crevice so when you're rested, you have fall apart, fall in love Crockpot Chicken Fajitas! Slow cooker chicken fajitas are completely hands-off, save for opening a few cans and chopping some peppers, onions, and garlic. More often than not, I prefer chicken thighs, but in these slow cooker fajitas, chicken breast gives the tacos more texture and makes for a juicy finished fajita.
Chicken Fajitas – Slow Cooker step by step
- Lightly grease your slow cooker. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place it into the slow cooker. Pour in the salsa, the brown sugar and all the seasonings and stir it together. Then place the lid on and set the heat to low..
- After about 3 hours, lay the peppers, onions and garlic over the top. Then pop the lid back on and continue to cook on low heat until the chicken is cooked through and tender, which will be 2-3 hours..
- Once it's ready, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks, then stir it back into the salsa, peppers and onions. Add in the lime juice..
- Serve immediately after, in warm tortillas. Top with your favorite taco toppings. Store any leftovers in the fridge..
This slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe produces spicy, tender chicken. Pour half the chopped tomatoes into the base of a slow cooker. Stir in the tomato puree and garlic and season. Layer over half the peppers and onion. I love a good Mexican Dish, but these Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas took it over the top, and that much easier to make.