Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta. This Asian beef stew (Beef Caldereta) is robust in flavor and so delicious! Cooking in the slow cooker makes it very convenient, too. Sometime last year when the weather was starting to get cooler, I had this intense craving for Filipino food.
It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato Beef Kaldereta Recipe. Beef stewed in tomato with potato, carrot, olives, bell peppers, and liver Doing this will slow cook the meat overtime making it tender. More flavor are also extracted from the. You can cook Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta
- You need of Beef stew meat (chuck roast cut into chunks).
- Prepare of Oil (plus a little extra if needed).
- It’s of Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- You need of large onion, sliced.
- You need of Plum Tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare of medium size Carrots, sliced into 1-inch thickness.
- It’s of Red Potatoes, cut into cubes (roughly the same size as the carrots).
- Prepare of Bay Leaves.
- It’s of Beef broth or water.
- It’s of Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce (adjust to taste).
- You need of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of Peanut Butter, or to taste (maybe replaced with Liver spread to be more authentic).
- It’s of Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s of frozen Peas.
- Prepare of brown Sugar (optional).
- You need of Salt and Pepper,.
SLOW COOKER BEEF CALDERETA This melt-in-your-mouth tender beef stew is robust in flavor and so delicious! A fusion of Spanish and Asian flavors, this will become a family favorite! This is a must try recipe for lamb lovers out there. In fact, the flavors in this dish will come out equally excellent with pork, beef, or any other choice of meat.
Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta step by step
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper..
- In a large frying pan (like a heavy stainless steel or cast iron skillet), heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Sear the beef by browning on all sides in the hot oil. Keep some space in between the beef chunks when frying so don’t dump all the beef but cook in batches..
- Place in a plate as you cook. This method will ensure a deep and delicious taste from the meat so if you can don’t omit the step..
- In the remaining oil (or add a little oil to the skillet if needed) saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. The purpose is to deglaze the pan with the juices from the veggies and get all the yummy brown bits remaining there for extra flavor..
- Place the beef and the sauteed vegetables in the slow cooker. If there’s no time, simply add the browned beef with the vegetables in the slow cooker..
- Add the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves. Pour the beef broth (or water), fish sauce or soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Give it a quick stir. Cover and cook on low until the beef is fork tender between 6-8 hours..
- When the beef is already tender enough to eat (but not falling apart) add the peanut butter and red bell pepper. You can also add the frozen peas at this point. Add the sugar, if using. This is not to sweeten the stew but to enhance the flavor. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Stir everything gently. Cook for another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until everything is fully heated through..
- Serve with freshly steamed rice on the side..
This Asian beef stew (Beef Caldereta) is robust in flavor and so delicious! Cooking in the slow cooker makes it very convenient, too. Serve with Jasmine rice. #slowcooker #beefcaldereta. Find this Pin and more on Newest Recipe Pins from Manila Spoon by. This Slow Cooker Roast Beef can't be beaten for convenience or taste!