Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is thick, creamy, flavorful, and made extra easy in the crock pot! The first step in this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is probably the most time consuming — chopping up a storm. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
Crockpot Potato Soup is a Healthy Potato Soup we simply love. This Recipe for Potato Soup makes things easy by using a slow cooker! When it's time to eat, load it up with classic baked potato toppings like bacon, green onions and cheese. You can have Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare of bacon.
- Prepare of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- You need of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need of dried thyme.
- It’s of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- It’s of sour cream.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- It’s of dried chives.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
It's comfort food by the spoonful. Perfect for these cold, winter night. You can definitely use this recipe and make the soup on the stove for a shorter cooking time. This comforting, creamy, slow cooker loaded potato soup is perfect on those chilly winter nights.
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
This loaded potato soup is made entirely in the slow cooker and tastes just like a loaded baked potato, yet is lightened up so you can have a guilt-free bowl! This rich and creamy potato soup with Cheddar cheese, hash brown potatoes, and bacon is comfort food at its finest. Mix cream cheese, sour cream and pepper in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray until blended. Loaded Potato Soup is an all-time favorite comfort food! The only thing you cook outside of the slow cooker is the bacon, so it's easy to prep and clean up.