Pan-Roasted Salmon with Tomato Relish.
You can cook Pan-Roasted Salmon with Tomato Relish using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan-Roasted Salmon with Tomato Relish
- It’s 2 of filets of salmon (about 6-8 oz. each).
- Prepare 2 cups of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of shallot (about 1/4 cup finely sliced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (can substitute red wine vinegar).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of kosher salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
Pan-Roasted Salmon with Tomato Relish step by step
- Start to prepare the relish by slicing the cherry tomatoes into quarters, dicing the shallot, and chopping the parsley. Add to these ingredients the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, and season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook this mixture on medium heat until it has a pasty consistency. Set aside..
- Prep the salmon by drying it thoroughly with paper towels. Once dry, season both sides with kosher salt and pepper..
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a 12" stainless steel skillet on medium-high heat until the oil shimmers. Once hot, add the salmon filets skin side down. Immediately turn down the heat to medium-low. Hold the filets flat with a metal fish spatula for the first minute of cooking to prevent them from warping. After this, allow them to cook for another 5 minutes..
- Flip the fish and cook on the other side until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 120 F (anywhere from 1-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filet). If the skin is stuck to the pan when you try to flip the filet, continue cooking it on the first side until it releases easily..
- Once finished, allow the fish to rest on a paper-towel-lined plate for another 5 minutes before serving. When ready to serve, add the relish. Serve with a side (pilaf rice in photo)..