Healthy Spicy Seared Salmon & Salad.
You can cook Healthy Spicy Seared Salmon & Salad using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Spicy Seared Salmon & Salad
- Prepare 500 grams of Norwegian Salmon (deboned and skin on).
- Prepare 1 tbs of Butter.
- You need 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt and Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Robertsons Exotic Thai Spice.
- Prepare 2-3 sprigs of Dill (fresh).
- Prepare 2 of Lemons (cut in wedges).
- You need of Salad:.
- Prepare 20 grams of Wild Rocket.
- It’s 20 Grams of Micro Crimson Leaves (Wooworths).
- You need 1 cup of Chopped tomatoes (or cherry toms if you preper).
- Prepare 1 of Avo (thick choped or sliced).
- It’s 1/2 of Cucumber (sliced).
- Prepare 100 g of Danish Feta.
- Prepare of Salad Dressing (optional).
Healthy Spicy Seared Salmon & Salad step by step
- Cut salmon into four equal size portions.
- Season salmon portions with salt, black pepper and thai spice.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan on high heat.
- Once hot, add dill sprigs to fry for 30 seconds and lower heat to medium (you can remove dill or leave in pan as required).
- Place salmon portions skin side down in pan and fry for 5-7 minutes without moving them.
- Whilst the Salmon sears, add all the salad ingredients together in a bowl and toss (with small amount of salad dressing if required). Plate salad into 4 plates as the base for your dish. You can also plate salad ingredients in a deconstructed manner if you dont like tossing them together (see pic).
- After 5-7 minutes lightly drizzle Salmon with juice from two lemon wedges and turn the Salmon over to the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Plate Salmon straight out of the pan onto the salad base, skin side facing up. Add 1-2 lemon wedges per plate for drizzling as required.