Salmon with Basil Sauce. Perfect Pairing: California lifestyle expert Susie Coelho recommends Meridian Pinot Noir for the Salmon with Basil Sauce. A hint of lemon means the recipe would work equally well with Meridian's Chardonnay. This recipe for Salmon in Basil Cream Sauce comes from the Park Hotel Kenmare in County Kerry, Ireland.
This salmon recipe is full of flavor! I grilled some zucchini and squash. She makes a vibrant lemony basil sauce to spoon over the fish. You can cook Salmon with Basil Sauce using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon with Basil Sauce
- It’s 4 (6 ounce) of salmon fillets.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
While chef Renee Erickson of Boat Street Café in Seattle roasts salmon fillets, she prepares her vibrant basil sauce entirely in a blender—she even makes extra to drizzle over canned sardines for lunch the next day. A sauce is one of those things which can alter the taste of a dish dramatically. Today we'd like to share with your this delicious recipe of garlic and basil sauce. You may replace garlic with seasonal herbs e.g. parsley or cilantro, in the first case the taste will be more distinctive, in the second.
Salmon with Basil Sauce step by step
- Drizzle salmon with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside 10 minutes to absorb flavor..
- Meanwhile, combine basil, 1/2 cup olive oil, and remaining ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, and set aside..
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté salmon 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness. Place on serving plates..
- In the warm skillet, heat reserved basil sauce, and pour over salmon..
While cooking salmon, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Remove salmon to individual serving plates, spoon Hollandaise sauce over top and sprinkle with fresh basil, garnish with lemon wedges. This recipe of pan-seared Salmon with tomato-basil sauce is one of the many things I learned during my one month stint as a helper to the Chef of a hotel restaurant four years ago. It is one of my favorite salmon recipes simply because it is so easy to make but taste so good, like dining out in a restaurant. Bring home the famous taste of Rao's Homemade® Tomato Basil Sauce.