Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille.
You can have Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille
- Prepare 1 of large pack chicken thighs (or you can use boneless chicken).
- It’s 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz).
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dry basil leaves.
- You need 1 can of Chick Peas (garbanzos,undrained).
- Prepare 1 of large eggplant, cut into cubes.
- It’s 3 of zucchini, cut into coins.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of parsley Flakes.
- It’s of Fresh garlic, minced (5-6).
- Prepare of Salt.
Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille instructions
- Peel and cut eggplant into cubes, then place into a colander with a bowl underneath to catch drippings and generously apply salt to your cubed eggplant, let sit out with the salt for about 30 min.(this will extract the xtra moisture that’s in the eggplant)……
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with some black pepper and place on a baking pan, set oven to broil and broil chicken until slightly browned, then place into crock pot (use this step only if your using bone – in chicken thighs, skin on), I took out the skin on my chicken thighs,otherwise cut chicken and place into crockpot……..
- Cut up your zucchini, onion, green pepper, and mince your garlic, rinse off the salt from your eggplant and drain well, and place all veggies into crockpot, including can of undrained chick peas……
- Pour the tomatoes over the chicken and veggies in crockpot, then sprinkle your remaining ingredients over all…..
- Stir gently, cover and cook on low for 8 hours……
- Eat and enjoy with white rice or by itself 🍛!!!! 😋.