You can cook Crockpot Carnitas using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Carnitas
- It’s 3 lbs of pork (butt or shoulder) cut into one inch pieces.
- It’s 1 of sweet onion, diced.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 1/2 T of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 T of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 t of chipotle chili powder.
- You need 1/2 t of salt.
- You need 1/4 t of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large orange (zest and juice).
Crockpot Carnitas instructions
- Place diced onion, garlic and cinnamon sticks in bottom of slow cooker..
- Mix oregano, cumin, salt, chipotle powder, and pepper in a small bowl..
- Pour powder mixture over cubes pork and stir to coat all pieces evenly..
- Dump pork over top of onions in crock pot..
- Zest some of the orange over top of pork..
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
- Remove cinnamon sticks, squeeze orange juice over pork and stir..
- Serve alone, as a burrito or taco filling, over rice, etc..
- (If you want it a little crispier, you can spread meat out on a jelly roll pan and broil for a few min.).