Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this. How To Make SUPER CRUNCHY CRISPY PORK BELLY – CHINESE SIU YUK The high fat content in salmon belly makes it perfect for braising.
Try this easy and simple Steamed Salmon with Sweet Ginger Soy Glaze Recipe! The soy sauce brings salty, savory flavors to the coating while the honey sweetens things up. Combine them together over low heat and you get a glaze that will pair perfectly with our steamed salmon. You can have Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled, cut into very thin matchsticks.
- It’s 8 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly.
- It’s 650 g of salmon belly, boneless, skinless and trimmed.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Maggi sauce.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, chopped.
After reducing, this same ginger and soy sauce mixture becomes a sauce for the cooked fish. Sufganiyot, or Hanukkah donuts, are traditionally filled with fruit jam, but this recipe switches it up a little with zesty-sweet ginger-lime curd, and calls for sugar dusted on top to balance the tangy filling. Vivian Syme serves this slightly sweet salmon with steamed vegetables and brown rice. In a glass baking dish or large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes (if using).
Salmon bellies braised in sweet soy and ginger step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the ginger and fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic and fry another 1 minute..
- Lay the fish into the pan in a single layer, on top of the ginger and garlic. Let cook 2 minutes, then add the soy sauce and water. Turn the heat down the medium-low. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Remove the cover. Give the pan a shake to make sure nothing's sticking. Add a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper, as well as the sugar and Maggi sauce. Let cook uncovered for 5 minutes, basting the sauce over the fish regularly. Do not flip the fish. Serve with a sprinkle of green onions..
Variation: substitute Kikkoman Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Sauce for the Sweet Soy Sauce if desired. Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce is a versatile, all purpose sauce that adds a touch of sweetness to all kinds of dishes. The natural brewing process give the extra depth of flavour you've. A simple recipe for Soy Ginger Salmon that is bursting with flavor. A few ingredients combine to make the most flavorful marinade.