Salmon and Spinach Lasagne.
You can cook Salmon and Spinach Lasagne using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon and Spinach Lasagne
- Prepare of Veggies and Herbs.
- Prepare 1 bag of fresh bag of spinach.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh chopped dill weed.
- It’s 1 of lemon zest.
- It’s to taste of Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper.
- It’s 2 of finely sliced shallots.
- You need 4 tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- You need of Meat.
- It’s 1 2/3 lb of skinless salmon fillets.
- Prepare of Dairy.
- It’s 2 cup of combined shredded asiago and parmesan cheese, mixed.
- Prepare 1 cup of mild shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk (you can use skim milk).
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 3/4 cup of cottage cheese.
- You need of Pasta.
- Prepare 12-14 of Oven baked lasagne sheets.
Salmon and Spinach Lasagne instructions
- Prepare Spinach… Turn the stove on to medium heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add the grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot and add sliced shallots. Cooked until they are translucent, about 5-7 minutes, with consistent stirring. Add the bag of spinach to pan. Stirring with consistency until spinach is wilted. Once complete, then set aside in a bowl..
- Prepare the salmon…Turn the stove on to medium to low heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot then add the salmon to cook. Cook the salmon on both side for 5-7 mins or longer for larger pieces. Once done, break into pieces and put aside in a bowl..
- Prepare cheese sauce (or bechamel sauce)…Melt the butter in a large pot until it foams. Slowly whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook for 2 min and don't let burn. Slowly add milk, whisk briskly, until sauce is smooth, then add heavy cream. Stir whiskly until smooth. Put sauce on low simmer, cook until thickens. Stir in dill, lemon zest, salt, pepper and combine cheese mix of parmesan/asiago. Turn off pot, once the sauce is complete..
- Assemble to Lasagne…Preheat oven to 350°. To a 13×9 dish, add some sauce to bottom of pan. Line pan with 4-5 lasagne sheets. Add another layer sauce, then some salmon, spinach, some cottage cheese and some mix of cheddar/asiago/parmesan cheese. Continue this for another two layers. Top with final layer of lasagne sheets, remaining sauce and sprinkle with rest of cheese mix..
- Cook the lasagne…Place pan on a cookie sheet to catch any overspill. Put in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes. If you want a brown top, at the last 5 minutes set the oven to broil at 500°. As it finish cooking, set lasagne aside for 10 minutes before eating..