Spaghetti with smoked salmon, sweet peas and avocado. Complete with smoked salmon and avocado tossed with lemon and parsley. Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the avocado in a food processor along with the oil, garlic, half the parsley, a good squeeze of lemon and a large pinch of seasoning.
Using the pan which you cooked the spaghetti and peas in, pop back on the heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Flake the hot smoked salmon fillets into the pan. Add the smoked salmon, peas and chives, and half each of the fontina and the béchamel. You can have Spaghetti with smoked salmon, sweet peas and avocado using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with smoked salmon, sweet peas and avocado
- It’s 1 lb of dry spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 lb of smoked salmon, roughly chopped or shaved.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas.
- You need 1 cup of whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, cubed and drizzled with lemon juice to stop browning.
In this recipe I've used bucatini pasta, which is basically a thicker version of spaghetti with a hole all the way through, but of course pasta of any shape will be. An easy and delicious arugula salad recipe made with baby arugula, smoked salmon, avocado, pear and red onion. As I mentioned in my last post, I got to spend several days in Seattle last week for a conference. It was my first time there and I loved it – especially all the amazing food and west coast beer available!
Spaghetti with smoked salmon, sweet peas and avocado instructions
- Drop the spaghetti into a pot of boiling salted water. Move on to making the sauce..
- Put a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add a good splash of extra virgin olive oil and throw in the onions and garlic. Sweat for 2 minutes until the onions are just softened..
- Add the salmon and give the pan a stir. Be gentle, you don't want to break up the beautiful fish. After another 2 minutes, add the peas. After 1 minute more, stir in the cream. Add salt and pepper to taste, then turn the heat down to low. Return to the pasta, the noodles should be close to done..
- Once the noodles are cooked, add them to the pan of sauce. Be sure to drag a little pasta water with the spaghetti. Sprinkle on the cubes of avocado and toss everything gently..
I will probably do a separate post on some of the things I tried in Seattle later this week for those who are. Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Bites – Everyone loves bagels and lox, so why not try this lighter carb-free alternative? Slice cucumbers into rounds, spread some cream cheese, and top with a slice of smoked salmon for a perfect bite-sized snack. You can even embellish your cream cheese by mixing. Smoked salmon is delightfully salty with a velvety smooth texture, making it a flavorful compliment to mellow avocado.