Slow Cooker Chicken Chili. This creamy and mildly spicy slow cooker chicken chili is our family's staple dinner recipe. This creamy white chicken chili is made super easy in your slow cooker! Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night!
If you prefer to cook the chili on the stovetop, see the tips below the recipe. But again, I truly love all slow cooker recipes. But I'm just not particularly fond of the ones that require that extra step, you know? You can have Slow Cooker Chicken Chili using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- You need 1 of – Green pepper,chopped.
- You need 1 of – Medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of – Medium Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of can of chopped green chillies, undrained.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. optional; can sub w 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can of fire roasted tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of black beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is perfect for busy weeks! Make it with chicken thighs or breasts, onions, celery, black beans, frozen corn, chicken broth, tomato puree, and spices. Combine everything in a crockpot or slow cooker, and let it simmer all day while you're away. This recipe is sponsored by Hurst's® HamBeens® Slow Cooker Chili, but all opinions are mine alone.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili instructions
- Add chopped pepper and onion to bottom of 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add chopped jalapeno too, if using..
- Combine chili powder,paprika,salt and Cheyenne (or pepper) in a small bowl and mix well..
- Season the chicken breasts with half the seasoning mixture. Then place on top of the peppers,onions and jalapeno in the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, chilies and one cup of chicken broth to the slow cooker, then sprinkle with remaining seasoning..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours..
- When the cook time is up transfer the chicken breasts from the slow cooker to a cutting board and add beans to the slow cooker. If the chili is to thick add the extra broth to get the right consistency..
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces. (Or alternatively you can shred it) Return chicken to slow cooker and store to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Enjoy :).
You can find more about their Slow Cooker Chili Mix and. Incredible comforting slow cooker chicken chile verde. Healthy, satisfying and packed with protein. Serve with corn tortillas, avocado I know it's supposed to be healthy chili, but I was really missing the white bean component. I ended up making some rice, even though I wasn't planning to.